FDRS Mission Statement
The Fat Disorders Research Society, Inc. exists to raise funds to promote research, increase public awareness, and provide information and resources for individuals with fat disorders and/or their caregivers.
Short and Long Term Goals:
- Raise funds to support research aimed at developing universal diagnostic techniques, effective affordable treatment, and ideally, a cure.
- Establish publishable “standards of care” for the management of patients with fat disorders
- Identify medical facilities and doctors with experience in the diagnosis and treatment of fat disorders
- Advocate at the local and national levels for appropriate funding and recognition for orphan diseases, including fat disorders
- Create working alliances with other individual fat disorder non-profit organizations to achieve mutual goals
- Develop and maintain a patient data base to establish incidence, prevalence and diagnostic picture of the various fat disorders
- Host or sponsor scientific meetings and professional seminars for interested physicians, scientists, and medical groups
- Provide access to current information about research, diagnosis and treatment for patients and clinicians through our website
- Award grant monies for research into fat disorders