Next Steps in the Treatment of Lipedema & Dercum's Diseaseis April 27-29, 2018 at the DoubleTree Dallas Campbell Centre in Dallas, Texas. Keynote speaker is world renowned Fat Disorder expert, Karen L. Herbst, MD, PhD.
Click here for pricing information and to register.
Can't attend in person? FDRS will live stream the conference for FREE. Login details will be published the week of the conference.
Check out FDRS 2017 conference on our YouTube channel.
FDRS room block rate is $119 per night. Click here to book your room. The hotel has 7 handicap accessible rooms and they are in the FDRS room block.
The FDRS room block is valid for Wednesday, April 25 through Monday, April 30, 2018. Should you wish to come early or stay late, rooms at this rate are subject to availability.
Book your hotel room today before the room block is sold out!
Friday 4:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Saturday 7:00 am – 6:15 pm
Sunday 7:00 am – 12:45 pm
Come early and stay late! There will be opportunities for pre- and post- conference networking and research.
Karen Herbst, MD, PhD - keynote speaker, with separate sessions on Dercum's disease and a Quadrivas study update
Breakout sessions for Clinicians: Ultrasonographic Evaluation of Subcutaneous Tissue in Children with Lipedema, Multifactorial Leg Swelling in Lipedema, Roundtable discussion Practical Tips on Diagnosing Lipedema and Dercum’s Disease
Breakout session for Therapists: Hot Topics in the Treatment of Patients with Fat Disorders
Breakout session for Researchers: Emerging Research Topics
- Abdominopelvic Congestion: a Hidden Problem of Swelling Impacting Health
- Vasospastic Disease in Lipedema
- Herbal Medications and Their Application to Patients with Lipedema and Dercum’s Disease
- Research Updates
- Dercum's Disease: Inflammation, Pain, and a Novel Reduction Strategies
- How Yoga Helps the Lymphatic System
- Fat Disorders & Retirement-Navigating the Next Chapter of our Lives
- From Childhood Isolation to Mystery Diagnosis to Immeasurable Happiness
- 7 D's in Living with Dercum’s Disease: Denial, Diagnosis, Difficult, Decide, Develop, Do, Determination
- Honoring our Bodies through Art
Breakout sessions for Patients/General:
- Compression Therapy: Living Without Limits
- Chronic Pain and Management Strategies
- Meditation and Mindfulness Interventions for Patients with Fat Disorders
- Nutrition, Hypermobility and Lipedema/Dercum's
- Liposuction for Lipedema and Dercum’s Disease
- Obtaining Disability
- Through the Ages: Lipedema in Art and History
- Help! I Can’t Find a Local Doctor to Help Me!
- Roundtable: Mobility Devices: A Few of Our Favorite Things Planning for Change
Click here for full schedule
CME: The Academy for Continued Healthcare Learning designates this live activity for a maximum of 13.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Conference Sponsors and Exhibitors
Click here for a list of sponsors and exhibitors.
Click here for sponsorship opportunities.
Click here for the financial assistance application.